Homage
Not sure if I'm subconsciously inspired by the spring sunshine or if I'm just feeling a change of pace. Either way, I'm slowly starting to embrace bright colors again after months of wearing dark-colored ensembles. This bold look serves as an example of colliding styles from 2 different decades into one. There's probably term out there for this concept, but I prefer to call it "decade fusing." One easy way to "decade fuse" is to combine the prints, graphics, or color schemes of one era and the silhouettes or other key elements like accessories of another. Here I have a brightly colored, sun motif sweater that looks like artwork that could have decorated the wall of a '60s hotel lobby. However, cropped sweaters didn't their sides until the 80's when they met their OTP: high-waisted jeans. Today "mom jeans", as some might call them, are still riding high on the popularity wave and are a perfect example of modern trends mimicking retro ones. Unlike certain styles of jeans, some accessories transcend not only decades but centuries. The origin of berets dates back to 1500 C.E. and has been associated with the working class, artists, poets, and political movements since then. Even celebrities from the '60s, like Bridget Bardot and the '80s like Madonna, gave us iconic looks with the classic hat. In my view, berets are the ultimate "decade fusing" accessory that will continue to stand the test of time.
✨
Rokoko Crop Flared Sweater- Buffalo Exchange
Embellished High Rise Jeans- Vintage
Nine West White Ankle Boots- Resale
Orange Beret- Ebay
All Jewelry- Resale/ Boutique













Comments
Post a Comment