Banana Peel

One unexpected upside about summers in New York is all of the free music/art events. Dressed as a modern day Carmen Miranda on vacation, I attended the Coney Island Music Festival a couple weeks back. Before leaving the house I debated whether or not I should sport this fruity 2 piece for the day since I wasn't sure if the loud print jived with my mood that day. Seeing the Coney Art Walls and realizing how well the colors complimented my short set was confirmation enough that I made the right decision. Plus, this outfit ranked a 9.5/10 on what I like to call "high danceability scale" meaning it was very easy to move n' groove in (very crucial when seeing live music). Juan Wauters and The Garden took the title of my favorite acts that day. With Wauters's set, half of it was spent playing the same happy-go-lucky instrumental hook, making it very memorable and fun. Speaking of fun, The Garden delivered lots of energy through their experimental, punk-inspired sound. I loved Fletcher Shears's drumming in particular and his creative use of tom-tom beats. All in all, the day was a riot and would totally go again next year if given the chance.


Fruit Print Short Set- Buffalo Exchange
Justin Roper Boots- Resale
Sunnies- Flashbacks
Bird Earrings- Flashbacks
All Other Jewelry- Flea Market/ Resale









Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts