French Disko

What's unusual about this look compared to my everyday ensembles? I'm not wearing any black whatsoever. Considering I frequently default to red/black/white color combos, I'm going against my styling instincts by trading black tights for a pair of pale pinks ones. Don't know if it's because of the contagious spring feeling in the air or if I'm just going through a more romantic fashion phase but I've been warming up to softer shades lately. There's something about baby pink shades in conjunction with bold reds that I find very alluring, potentially because they remind of a bouquet of roses. Adding to the contrast of soft and bold, I slipped in this metallic faux-leather jacket; Another piece I'd normally incorporate in an all-black, "night on the town" number. While I doubt I'm going to be dressing as if a pastel rainbow threw up on me like I did in my teens (who remembers when pastel goth was a thing?),my openness to lighter, delicate hues is beginning to bloom. 🌸✨


Stereolab Shirt- Ebay
Zara Red Skort- Resale
Silver Faux Leather Jacket- Resale
Oxford Dr. Martens- Ross
Hue Pale Pink Tights-Macys
All Jewelry- Resale/ Boutiques/ Flea Market

Comments

Popular Posts