Sunday, October 30, 2016

Wuthering Heights

I spent months racking my brain for this year's Halloween costume. A couple weeks ago, inspiration hit me like a freight as I was watching one of my all-time favorite music videos, "Wutherting Heights" (the "red dress" version.) I *have* to be Kate Bush, no further questions. There is just so much subtle brilliance in that video: The contrast of Kate's red dress with the overcast sky/ dark green trees, her emotive facial expressions, and of course, her bewitching dance moves. Basically, Kate Bush is all kinds of aesthetic goals. Once I found the dress (which was a heaven sent miracle because trust me, it was *not* an easy task), the ensemble assembled itself. All I had to do was slap on some red tights, hop into some black ballet flats, and gather a few key accessories and voila- here comes Kate Bush circa 1978.🌹

"Leave behind my wuthering, wuthering
Wuthering Heights
Heathcliff, it's me, Cathy
Come home, I'm so cold!"


Vintage Red Cathy Dress- Flashback
Red Tights- Macys
Black Ballet Flats- Borrowed
Black Scarf Belt- Vintage
Silver Hoops- Borrowed
Red Choker- DIY
Rose Hair Pin- DIY


Women's Black Canvas Ballerina Shoes, Black Belt, Red Tights on Lookastic: Black Canvas Ballerina Shoes, Black Belt, Red Tights

No comments:

Post a Comment

}, 10);