Monday, July 20, 2015

En Gallop

Have you ever listened to a song that you've adored for years and one day the lyrics strike a chord with you out of nowhere? That happened to me last week when "En Gallop" by Joanna Newsom played in my car as I drove home from work during the most breath-taking sunset. It was the one that goes, "Never get so attached to a poem you forget truth that lacks lyricism." I rarely read poetry or anything non-fiction yet in that moment, I realized I was guilty of what she had warned against. I latch onto ideas and concepts that I find interesting. I get caught up in principals because in my gut they feel right, but I admit that I have no clue if they'd work in practice. Sometimes I lose myself in the abstract,  drifting me away from the truth. In the past year, I have been making a concious effort to form beliefs based off of logic, reason, and data when possible. But the urge to explore "what if" rather than "what is" can be unbearably strong. I'm sure it's possible for the head and heart coincide. I guess I'm still figuring out how to get to that place. This song and my thoughts that branched from it lingered in my mind as I put together this outfit. With the white+gold scheme and angelic silhouette, I'm calling this my "I'm a text-book daydreamer that is on the road to reality" look.







Bell Sleeve Tunic- Thrifted
Gold Lace Vest- Second Hand (Ritzy Ragz)
Lace Shorts- Thrifted
Ankle Booties- Go Jane
Seashell Crown- DIY 
All Jelwery- Vintage/Second Hand/ Gift
Get this look for $20+ on Lookastic: Gold Vest, Beige Shorts, Gold Necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment

}, 10);