Saturday, July 12, 2014

Good Fortune

For ages I've wanted to show off an outfit involving this vintage, tie-front crop top. Figuring out what on earth to wear with it turned out to be a tricker task than what I bargained for. I tried it with high-waisted shorts, over a dress, with jeans and everything but the kitchen sink and nothing felt right. I almost gave up, verging on the brink of giving it away. But this accordion pleated skirt I picked up while thrifting one day quickly persuaded me otherwise. I tried it on together, and it was a winning combination. An old fashioned skirt is exactly what was needed to do this killer crop top justice. To avoid going too 40's/50's with it, I put my own glam-boho spin on the look using a turban and clog heels. The result? A retro, sassy gypsy ensemble♥

Also, I've came to the conclusion that I wanna stick with this background for my posts. The grayish/blue wall (the only non-beige wall in my house, mind you) I was using for my other outfits was repainted to looks like the others so bye-bye my old backdrop. But honestly, shooting outside kicks taking-photos-inside's butt: fresh air, better lighting, gorgeous vineyards= no competition.
 


Stripe Crop Top-  Vintage
Accordion Pleated Skirt- Thrifted
Jeffrey Campbell Clog Heels-Crossroads
 Red Headband- Second Hand
Brighton Belt- Thrifted
Aztec Necklace- Forever 21
Earring- Gift
All other jewlery is from fleamarkets or vintage


No comments:

Post a Comment

}, 10);